Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lucky Catch

I woke up unexpectedly in the middle of the night. I didn't want to bother Brett, so I went out of our room. As I was walking past the boys room, I got Jacob up and took him to the bathroom. He is a very sound sleeper and sometimes does not wake up in the night. Charles never wakes up when I do this, but today this sweet kid

moaned and told me he felt like he was going to throw up. My heart started to race. There is nothing I hate to clean up more than vomit! I ran around the room looking for something to hold the spew. I grabbed his little garbage can and made it under his mouth just in time. WHEW! Lucky Catch!!!

Needless to say, his stomach was still feeling upset this morning and when I told Charles that there would be no computer or TV if he didn't go to school-he still chose to stay home(this is when you know that a kid is truly sick).

Breanna said her stomach was hurting too, so they are both riding the "No School" train today. Here's hoping I won't be needing that garbage for another "Lucky Catch."

1 comment:

Helena said...

i know how you feel li spent all last night scrubbing my newly cleaned carpets and couch after Kade threw up all over, So i feel for you to have sick kids, i have had them way too long...