Saturday, August 22, 2009

Treasure this day and treasure yourself and others

Brett's cousin, Bryce, died on Wednesday, August 5th. He battled colon cancer for over a year. He was only 37 years old. He left a beautiful wife and four young children.

Another dear friend of ours, Peter, was just diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. He is also in his thirties. I have had many sleepless nights thinking and praying about him.

I just found out another friend, in his twenties, was diagnosed with cancer.

My head is spinning. It all seems to make no sense. I woke up this morning with these words repeating over and over in my head "What am I supposed to learn?" What does God want me to know and understand from these experiences of the last month?

As I was thinking these thoughts I came across this blog post from Melissa Deakin


For some reason that leads me to thoughts of this song. I've always been touched by Michael McLean's music.


I think this is one of the many important things God has for me to learn this month!

No comments: